I'm a bit of a sucker for strategy titles and I have had more positive experience with Paradox than negative. I've been curious about Warlock: Master of the Arcane for a bit now. Well, now that a demo is available to play, it may be worth a peek.
Here's the press release from Paradox:
Paradox Interactive & Ino-Co Put Fireballs in Your Hands Today
STOCKHOLM — April 27th, 2012 — The lands of Ardania are divided, as humans, monsters and undead vie for control of the world’s cities. Amid the chaos, a common thread connects the cities and empires of the land: all are guided by magic. Great archmages of all the races research spells, settle new lands and raise mighty armies with a single purpose – to unite the world and its many planes of existence under the banner of a single warlock.
And now you can get an early taste of this battle for global supremacy in the demo of Warlock: Master of the Arcane.
Grab the demo here & learn the fine art of destruction:
The Warlock: Master of the Arcane demo contains:
- The game tutorial
- One world map to conquer
- The playable Great mage, Miralbus the Hat of Humans
- Two Great Mages to battle against
- The save/load function are disabled in the demo.
Warlock: Masters of the Arcane is the new turn-based empire-building game from Ino-Co, published by Paradox Interactive and set in the universe made popular in the “Majesty” series.
Now you can master the great spellbook, hire monsters to fight in your armies, summon great protections for your people, and build mighty cities to draw wealth and mana from the land around them.
Warlock: Master of the Arcane is set to release on May 8th via retail and all major digital distribution platforms for a recommended retail price of $19.99.
The pre-order has gone live and all aspiring warlocks will recieve the pre-order bonus Powerful Lords DLC for Free!
And here is the game description courtesy of Steam:
Pre-Purchase OfferPre-Purchase Now and receive the Powerful Lords DLC for free!
Powerful Lords introduces two powerful lords: the High Blademaster and the Imp Adviser. The two lords will appear near the capitol of the Great Mage who selects the “Master of Blades” and “Demonic Adviser” faction perks at the start of the game.
About the Game
The latest game in the popular Majesty series, Warlock: Master of the Arcane introduces turned-based strategy and global conquest to the fantastic world of Ardania. In a time of chaotic upheaval, the player takes the role of a great mage, a warlord vying for ultimate power. Your mission is to build an empire, expand your borders, research new spells and conquer your enemies. Become the ultimate Warlock and rule over all of Ardania!
- Feel the magic: Research and master dozens of spells, conjure powerful enchantments and discover awesome spell combinations.
- Ready an army: Command a expansive range of units, all with unique abilities. Mobilize the forces of three races, along with special summoned troops and wild creatures.
- Choose your strategy: There are various ways to achieve victory: by military, diplomatic or even magical means.
- Fight your enemies: Engage in epic battles with large armies marching across the landscape. Players may develop their own tactics and learn to use a large number of units’ special abilities. Add some magic to this, and you will experience a true symphony of war.
- Command the game: Enjoy an innovative city management system, where there are no routine actions, and every decision counts!
- Have faith: Fight on the side of one of the eight gods. Complete their quests and spread their temples across the lands. -- Or throw all gods aside and become one yourself!
- Follow the traditions: Warlock – Master of the Arcane inherits all the best elements of the famous turn based strategies of old. It has modern feel and look, but deep down it is a classic game where each player may master his or her own kingdom through magical and military skill.
- OS:Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Processor:Dual Core CPU
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:GeForce GT240 512Mb or comparable
- Hard Drive:4 GB HD space
- Sound:DirectX 9.0c compatible