I saw a couple of press release items from a couple of days ago. I thought they made for interesting reads, so I figured with it being a slow weekend for me personally, I'd share with the rest of the class. One is talk about Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning expansion and the other about Game of Thrones (which I just watched season 1 of on Bluray and loved).
First, Game of Thrones:
Offering a brand new story developed with creative input from Martin himself, Game of Thrones is a stunning action role-playing game that throws fans into a rich, fantasy environment as they engage in a heart-pounding quest for the famous Iron Throne.
Playing as either Mors, Sworn Brother of the Night’s Watch, or Alester, a Red Priest in search of redemption, players can expect to visit familiar locations from Westeros, such as The Wall and the famous King’s Landing, while well-known faces you’ll encounter include Queen Cersei, Varys the Spider and Jeor Mormont, Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch.
In Game of Thrones, players have full control of their character’s development; choose your character’s class, find your fighting style, develop a balance between your strengths and weaknesses, and take part in epic battles. Find, buy or loot new equipment and weapons to fit your fighting style, and gain experience to improve your abilities. Likewise, political skills can be every bit as lethal as a sharpened sword, so never underestimate the power of a silver tongue when it comes to solving a critical situation!
● An epic Action/RPG offering an original story based on the best-selling novels, “A Song of Ice and Fire” by George R.R. Martin
● Lush, fantasy visuals powered by Unreal Engine 3.
● Visit familiar places and meet well-known characters, faithfully reproduced from the TV series
● Play the game from the viewpoint of two different charismatic characters, each with their own background and skills
● Progress the way you choose: get involved in epic fights, or try to solve explosive situations through dialogue!
Developed by French studio Cynaide and published by Focus Home Interactive, Koch Media is scheduled to distribute Game of Thrones on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC, and Sony PlayStation®3 for early-June 2012.
The Teeth of Naros DLC and the journey through the mysterious land will feature:
· A New City – Explore the city of Idylla, which magically floats in the sky above the Teeth of Naros featuring more than 20 side quests, multiple dungeons and a mysterious new race
· New Enemies and Dungeons – Players will take part in a crucible of faith and tribulation with new dangers and enemies as they journey through five enormous new dungeons
· New Twists of Fate and Items - Three new Twists of Fate, nine new armor sets, six new shields and 18 new unique weapons for players to choose from as they journey through this new world